Total Pageviews

Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

It’s Time To Go

When I left home some time ago, 
Tears were shed, my departure slow.
Scared to vacate my loving home,
Unsure to be anywhere all upon my own.

Mother smiled and kissed me on my head.
Tenderly she took my hand, to the door she led.
I had to go, I knew, for I had chosen this very path. 
The only way to have, what my Father hath.

My brothers cheered, my sisters cried.
 I could hear them all as I stepped outside.
Assuredly, my Father winked, and nodded it was time. 
He took me in his arms, that moment sublime.

I told him I was frightened, but that I’d do my best,
To keep myself in favor, to overcome the test.
He spoke to me softly, in a mild and loving tone,
“Remember when you’re lonely, you’ll never be alone.”

Then my closest brother, stepped up and joined us there,
He pulled me very close, into my eyes he stared.
The family gathered round us, everyone wanting to see.
But when he finally spoke, he whispered just to me.

The lump deep in my throat, turned to sobs and I shuddered,
As I listened so intently to my older brother.
“You are valiant and so special as all of us do know,
You are loved here immensely, but now you need to go.”

“You will struggle much at times, and often you’ll feel pain,
But I promise you much joy, if righteous you remain.”
Then he took my shaking hand, and placed in in his palm,
And I felt total peace inside, his next words were so calm.

“I did that for you, when I too left this abode,
Because you are my brother, I will lighten up your load.”
My fingers felt the scars, my fears faded away,
I embraced him tightly then, knowing what to say.

I stepped back and looked at him, and my Father too.
Then confidently exclaimed, “I have a work to do!”
“I will return one day, to this home so filled with love,
Just like my older brother did, who’ll be watching me above.”

“I thank thee my Father, for sending me this day,
For allowing me the choice, to learn and grow this way.”
“Watch over me I pray, and keep me close at heart,
Help me to find the path, and I will do my part.”

“I will return a worthy man, though I’ll begin as just a boy.
And when I see you next, It’s then I’ll have my joy.”
“I love you my Father, now send me down to earth,
To be like my brother, Jesus, on this day of my birth.”

- Horace Hallenberger

No comments:

Post a Comment